As the main organ of a human body is the human heart. Thus, it should be taken care of. A healthy heart gives rise to a healthy body. The key element for a healthy heart is a healthy lifestyle. People who follow a healthy diet, follow a daily exercise routine are less likely to suffer from heart problems. A healthy heart rate is considered to be 60-100 beats per minute (bpm).
Diet for a Healthy Heart
A healthy heart diet comprises of many key points to keep in mind. Once you have a clear knowledge of what to include and what not to in your diet, you will make your way to a healthy heart.
Let’s take a look at a few diets:
Control your portion Size: Make sure you eat an adequate amount of food but do not overload the intake of food at once. Take smaller portions of food with fruits and vegetables.
Take more fruits and vegetables: Being the best source of vitamins and minerals, fruits and vegetables have low-calorie content, which provides proper nutrition to your body.
Choose Whole Grains: Whole grains helps in regulating your blood pressure and keep your heart healthy.
Get rid of those unhealthy fats: Use less butter and oil while cooking your food to save yourself from those extra fats. Cut down on junk food.
Reduce sodium content: A high amount of sodium results in high blood pressure. Thus, it is very important to limit the content of salt in the food you eat.
Foods Items for a healthy heart
Salmon, Oatmeal, Blueberries, Dark chocolates, Citrus fruits, Soy, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Nuts, etc. are all the heart-healthy foods we should be including in our daily diet. If you incorporate heart-healthy meals into your regular routine, you are less likely to get heart-related diseases. You can include some healthy recipes to your diet, which can help you have a healthy heart. Some heart-healthy recipes are:
- Make a salad with roasted green beans, tomatoes, and salmon.
- You can make broccoli and fusilli pasta using the pesto sauce.
- Grab a plate of salad made with sugar snap pea and radish.
- Chickpea and red pepper soup with quinoa is a great appetizer.
- You can make a salsa of black bean and avocado.
Diet plan for a healthy heart
You do not need to follow a proper diet plan for keeping your heart healthy. Heart-healthy meal plans are offered especially to the patients who have any heart disease. We can help you a little bit by going through the following food options:
Grab some healthy snacks such as peanuts, mixed nuts, a salad of fruits and vegetables, boiled eggs, half-fried eggs, vegetable wraps made at home, and peanut butter sandwiches.
For a healthy breakfast option, you can make pancakes with fruits, poha with vegetables, cornflakes with milk, bread, an omelette, or fresh fruits.
The desserts which are very healthy for our heart are: brownies, strawberries shortcakes, peanut butter pie, and banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Heart-healthy foods list:
Fruits and vegetables, stir-fried tofu, eggs, tomatoes, veggie burger, macroni cheese are all very healthy foods for our heart.
Heart-healthy chicken options:
Roasted salmon, beef, chicken, and turkey. You can add some vegetables and toss them with some sauces of your choice to make a good chicken salad. You can also fill the chicken veggie filling in some sandwich or a wrap and give it the form of an evening snack.
Healthy heart vs. Unhealthy heart
- A healthy heart pumps more blood per pump whereas an unhealthy heart pumps less blood.
- A healthy heart has stronger muscles whereas an unhealthy heart has weak muscles.
- A healthy heart is less prone to heart disease whereas an unhealthy heart is more likely to have heart diseases.
Healthy Heart Facts
- If you stay happy, you are less likely to have a heart disease.
- The size of your heart is actually as your two hands collapsed together.
- Regular exercise keeps the heart active and healthy.
- If you maintain a healthy blood cholesterol level, you are known to have a healthy heart.
Signs of Healthy Heart:
Following are the signs of a healthy heart
- You have an optimal blood pressure.
- Your heart beats around 60-100 beats per minute on an average.
- You are always active and energetic.
- Your cholesterol levels are always in control.
- Your glucose levels are absolutely perfect
Best Tips for Healthy Heart:
A healthy heart is the dream of everyone and in order to achieve it, we need to follow some guidelines:
- Don’t sit for long hours at once.
- Get enough time to sleep as proper sleep relaxes your body and mind.
- Follow a good dental hygiene by flossing your teeth daily.
- Avoid smoking and drinking.