STDs or Sexually transmitted diseases are a very common type of infection that can be easily transferred from one person to another through sexual contact. STDs are often called as sexually transmitted infection as the disease causing organism are passed through vaginal, oral as well as anal sexual contact.
Common Symptoms of STD in women includes are:
- Problem in Urination: An STD can be easily recognized during urination such as burning urination, painful urination, frequent urination or bleeding while urination.
- Unusual vaginal discharge: The color, smell or consistency of discharge from vagina indicates some kind of infection. Such as, thick or thin, milky discharge can be results into yeast infection but when discharge turns yellow or green than it might be gonorrhea.
- Vaginal Itching: Itching in vagina is unspecified symptom that may or may not be concerned with STD. There are some of the sex related causes that may results into Vaginal itching, such as:
- Yeast infection
- Painless ulcers on the vagina
- Pubic lice
- Genital warts
- Pain during sexual intercourse: This symptom is often leaving unnoticed but severe pelvic pain can be resulted into pelvic inflammatory disease which can be caused by advanced stage of infection.
- Irregular bleeding: This is the major sign of PID problems caused by sexually transmitted infection.
- Vaginal Rashes: The rashes in the genital area or tiny pimples around the mouth of vagina can be resulted into herpes or HPV cause by STD.
These symptoms typically appear within days or weeks of exposure to an STI. Most of the times, the symptoms never appear or go unnoticed. Sexually transmitted diseases can lead to fertility problems as well as increased the risk of cervical cancer if go untreated.
Some preventive measures to avoid STD are as follows:
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), can cause severe health problems, if left untreated, such as:
- Organ damage
- Get Tested Regularly: The women should do STD testing regularly if she is sexually active. In today’s era, there are lots of online STD testing websites are available such as mylabbox.com , if you are not comfortable to go outside. You can test at home in just 5 minutes and you can get secure lab-certifies results in 1-5 business days.
- Take protection: A condom is the best solution for such kinds of problems. It can help to you and your partner whether it is for vaginal, oral or anal sex. Some female condoms and dental dams are also available in market to provide such kind of protection against STD.
- Communicate: Keep sincere communication with physician and partner about sexual history is helpful in such type of cases. You can also get the peace of mind over the phone with free physician if your test is positive via mylabbox.com.
Things to do after being diagnosed with STD’s:
- Start the treatment immediately prescribed by physician.
- Contact your partner and tell him that he needs to be get tested and treated too.
- Restrain from sex until your infection is cured.
- For viral infection, wait long enough until antiviral medications work.